Card Videos

One Layer Watercolor Card

Happy Wednesday, all! I’m back at home after a fun cruise to Alaska last week. Unfortunately, I brought a cough home with me, but am feeling much better now. Today I have a watercolor card for you all. And before I started filming this card, I thought it would be fun to change up the format of the video a bit. Let me know what you think in the comments. :)

For today’s card, I used the Pretty Foliage stamp set from Waffle Flower. I first masked off a circle area and then stamped the images from the set using VersaFine Onyx Black ink onto some Arches cold press watercolor paper.

I used a Watercolor Dot Palette from Daniel Smith and Hero Arts for the watercoloring. I love dot palettes like this! I might have to make one using some of my favorite tube watercolors for when I travel. Or maybe I’ll just take the “big momma” dot sheets that have over 200 Daniel Smith colors on them. That should keep me busy. LOL!

To finish off the card, I colored in the circle area using a black sharpie. Then I wrote “hello” over the circle using a gold paint pen.

I hope you enjoy today’s video! Let me know if you like this format. The meat of the video is the same. It’s just the beginning that is different.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!

Supplies

Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

65 Comments

• Reply Kristie Maynard July 12, 2017 at 9:35 pm

Loved the new format! And this card is beautiful. I’ll have to check out the dot sheets, I’m guessing I could make some of my own with the watercolors I have, a lot more convenient to carry along to an event. Thanks for another fabulous video.

• Reply Shelly Marie July 12, 2017 at 9:52 pm

I watch your videos and love your projects… but have to give a thumbs down on the new format. I often watch your videos during lunch or while waiting for the kids to get done with practice so I didn’t care for the extra time it used to show you gathering the supplies. I guess I like to get straight to the project because my time is limited. You are an amazing crafter but thought I would share since you asked for feedback.

• Reply StephanieM July 12, 2017 at 10:12 pm

I liked the intro. And love the card. And thanks for showing how to use the dot sheets.

• Reply Emily G July 12, 2017 at 10:21 pm

I liked it :) something different is always nice :) cute little card too

• Reply Anne July 12, 2017 at 10:41 pm

Beautiful card! Loved the video format – very relaxing and fun to see supplies collected.

• Reply Jan B July 12, 2017 at 10:48 pm

Love the new format. Gives a clearer view of your supplies. Nice change. Lovely card.

• Reply Hideko July 12, 2017 at 10:58 pm

I like the new format. It feels like watching a documentary video, and makes me feel that I’m picking up the supplies with you. Love the pretty card too!

• Reply Kathy s July 12, 2017 at 11:19 pm

Great tutorial love you showing the selection process- it also gives us a peak into your craft space.

• Reply Susan Pezza July 12, 2017 at 11:21 pm

Love the new format of the beginning!! Hope you keep it and I love the card!! I have some dot cards and they are awesome!!!

• Reply Linda July 12, 2017 at 11:36 pm

Love the new format! Your voice is soothing…you always show all the steps to a beautiful card!

• Reply Sherry W July 12, 2017 at 11:36 pm

I love the card; the new format, not so much. I am very interested to know what supplies you use, but I am not very interested in watching you flip through your stamp collection to find the stamp set, pull out a sheet of paper, etc. I’ve always thought your videos were so well done and efficient. I don’t see any need to fluff it up with things that don’t add value. Sorry…….

• Reply Cece July 12, 2017 at 11:47 pm

Enjoyed the new format, showing how you store, sort, and choose materials is a plus. I am challenged in the organizational process currently, so thank you. Fun floral too. Jealous of your trip to Alaska, hope to see some iceberg, ocean, and mountain stamps from you soon.

• Reply Stef Perry July 12, 2017 at 11:50 pm

Lovely video as always, Kristina! These are such delightful images and it was nice to see how you used those watercolor paint dots for your coloring. I thought the new intro format of your video was nicely done.

• Reply Rosy Newlun July 13, 2017 at 12:02 am

Turned out so full of soft elegance. Thank you for your beautiful ideas ♥

• Reply Kitty July 13, 2017 at 3:08 am

A lovely card! Your watercolouring is always beautiful. Why did you choose to colour a circle and write the greeting? Was this just the way the creative juisces flowed, so to speak? Any tips for adding a similar sentiment with stamping once you have watercoloured? Separate card and popping it up for dimension, I guess. Anyhow, love the card!

• Reply Kitty July 13, 2017 at 3:13 am

On the video – not sure I like the format, as I don’t mind the image of all the materials together, but I don’t feel like the gathering things shots really add anything to my enjoyment of the video. I watch for inspiration and I like the creative workings, not so much the “this is how the things got to my workspace” bits. ;-) Looks like lots of people love it though, so I might be a minority on this. :-)

• Reply Teresa Doyle July 13, 2017 at 4:06 am

Honestly Kristina, your talent and ideas never cease to amaze me! What a great card! TFS!

• Reply Sue CD July 13, 2017 at 4:29 am

Liked the 53 second intro. Nice change occasionally. Maybe play back at a faster speed. Gives a glimpse at your studio organization. I think the choice of music can make a difference. This was soothing, maybe a little more upbeat. One layer card is lovely.

• Reply Ellen Vargo July 13, 2017 at 4:50 am

I really like the format, showing the gathering of supplies. It gives storage options without having to talk about it. Only thing I’d change is… when you start talking you go right into the project without your typical “Hello this is Kristina and welcome to another video on my blog and YouTube Channel.” It just felt a little awkward without the “hello” first. Love the card!

• Reply Colleen Howell July 13, 2017 at 5:04 am

Very pretty, I liked the new format too

• Reply Jimmie July 13, 2017 at 5:10 am

Great way to begin the video….love your work.

• Reply Siobhann Bakke July 13, 2017 at 5:13 am

I love this…watching your videos is a such a pleasurable experience and I enjoyed the ‘change of scenery’ if you will. They are a joy to watch and I appreciate all the effort that goes into their creation, so thank you!

• Reply kReN@afourthlife July 13, 2017 at 5:17 am

I loved the format you tried today with choosing all the materials and the lovely music. I needed a quiet and creative beginning for my day and this video did just that. Thanks also for keeping your video short. Those of us on data plans appreciate it!

• Reply Kelli July 13, 2017 at 5:44 am

I love this card! The new format was nice for a change, but it definitely felt a bit slow/long – I guess I was just eager to see you get to the card!

• Reply creatingincolors July 13, 2017 at 5:52 am

What a beautiful card! I love one-layer cards that focus solely on beautiful images and coloring.

• 1 2 3