Card Videos

One Layer Watercolor Card

Happy Wednesday, all! I’m back at home after a fun cruise to Alaska last week. Unfortunately, I brought a cough home with me, but am feeling much better now. Today I have a watercolor card for you all. And before I started filming this card, I thought it would be fun to change up the format of the video a bit. Let me know what you think in the comments. :)

For today’s card, I used the Pretty Foliage stamp set from Waffle Flower. I first masked off a circle area and then stamped the images from the set using VersaFine Onyx Black ink onto some Arches cold press watercolor paper.

I used a Watercolor Dot Palette from Daniel Smith and Hero Arts for the watercoloring. I love dot palettes like this! I might have to make one using some of my favorite tube watercolors for when I travel. Or maybe I’ll just take the “big momma” dot sheets that have over 200 Daniel Smith colors on them. That should keep me busy. LOL!

To finish off the card, I colored in the circle area using a black sharpie. Then I wrote “hello” over the circle using a gold paint pen.

I hope you enjoy today’s video! Let me know if you like this format. The meat of the video is the same. It’s just the beginning that is different.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!

Supplies

Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

65 Comments

• Reply Deepa Lakshman July 13, 2017 at 6:10 am

I love this card and the dot palette. I liked the intro as it showed where you store your supplies. I would love a little upbeat music instead of the slow, soothing music.

• Reply Chris Jeffrey July 13, 2017 at 6:29 am

Hi Kristina. Loved your card. It’s so fresh & different. I also love your new format although I love your normal style as well. I missed you saying hi to me like an old friend…. I love watching your videos. You inspire me… xx

• Reply Cristina July 13, 2017 at 6:42 am

I love this video!!!! love to see your creative space…the card is Amazing…as usual!
    Cristina
    thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it

• Reply Hope Mitchell July 13, 2017 at 6:51 am

I liked the format and especially the music. You make it look so easy.

• Reply Bobby July 13, 2017 at 7:03 am

This format is fine, rather artsy in a way, and I like that you showed the products you’ll use, but I really prefer the old way when you get right to the project.

• Reply Cindy C. July 13, 2017 at 7:32 am

I love how it turned out, so very pretty!!

• Reply Debbie Fricke July 13, 2017 at 7:38 am

I really like the opening! Very creative and different! Thank you, Kristina.

• Reply Em July 13, 2017 at 7:44 am

Hi Kristina, Loved the quiet, relaxing opening.. It felt artistic. It pulled you in immediately to the process. I sometimes can almost feel a blogger’s deadline with the rushed pace in some videos, tho your usual style is not one of the offenders. But this is a hobby…my little attempt at artsy and personal expression and I recalled my tai chi days in your music and I relaxed and enjoyed it and loved your card too.

• Reply Vicki H July 13, 2017 at 7:52 am

I really liked the new format! The thing that struck me right away was the soothing music! Everything is so fast paced these days that it’s nice to have something calming for a change. To me it also spoke about the creative process and the role that music can play in that process. Love everything that you do and am looking forward to more videos just like this one!

• Reply Valerie July 13, 2017 at 7:52 am

Hi there, l really like the new intro, like seeing your crafting space.

• Reply Linda E July 13, 2017 at 7:58 am

Love the new format and the card!

• Reply Heather Lynn July 13, 2017 at 8:48 am

I love how you show getting your supplies. Great ideas for storage. I think I would have stamped the black circle. Don’t trust myself with a Sharpie. Thanks for sharing. A fun, easy card.

• Reply Lu C July 13, 2017 at 9:42 am

I love the new format!! It gives a ‘peek’ at your storage scheme while being a relaxing start to the video. I really enjoy your floral cards. And also appreciate the ‘calmness’ in your presentations.
    Keep up the great work :)

• Reply Nan Mack July 13, 2017 at 10:22 am

Love the new format. The card is lovely. Every watercolor card teaches me something.

• Reply Patty Beers July 13, 2017 at 11:29 am

I love the format, except I am jealous of your organized craft room. I like seeing how you gather your supplies and i love the music.

• Reply Jean McGee July 13, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Y E S !!! I like the new format.
    Jean McGee

• Reply Holly Paplow July 13, 2017 at 12:26 pm

I LOVE this card! You have inspired me and given me some great ideas!

• Reply Nicole July 13, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Love the new format and this card is lovely!

• Reply Lagene July 13, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Beautiful coloring, Thanks for the video!

• Reply Maureen Chandler July 13, 2017 at 2:41 pm

The new format is charming and the card is beautiful! I just love your blog and have learned tons and tons from watching you create! Thanks so much for all you share!!!

• Reply Ginger J. Kesler July 13, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I really like the format! It was a nice change and really separates you from the other YouTubers. It was fresh clean and as usual, amazing detail.

…one of your many fans

• Reply Jules July 13, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Beautiful card. I have a small dot sheet but haven’t tried it out yet. The new format is fine, but the intro music is so calming I fell asleep and had to watch the video when I woke up.

• Reply Bernadette July 13, 2017 at 4:50 pm

Thanks so much for another inspirational video. I like both your old and new formats. The thing I liked most about this format was being able to see how you store all your tools and supplies.
    The watercolour sample sheets are also available at bickblick.com. They have regular sales and are therefore sometimes cheaper than amazon.

• Reply Megan July 13, 2017 at 5:00 pm

Really love the new format!

• Reply Betty Sue July 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Love the beginning!! Video was great! Thanks for sharing your wonderful skills!

• 1 2 3