Morning, all! This is the third week of our focus on patterned paper. Just as a review…
The 3 “rules” of patterned paper (according to Kristina)
- Large/Medium Pattern + Small + “Solid” = CONTRAST
- Keep it to only one multicolor pattern.
- Plan ahead–How will each pattern be used?
Week 3: If you’re struggling, pick a neutral first.
Most of the video this week is just showing you another example of mixing patterned papers. However, I did want to point out the tip of picking a neutral pattern first. Neutral colors are basically black, gray, brown, white, and cream. All patterned papers have a neutral color that will compliment the color palette. If you’re struggling to match patterned paper to your main pattern, consider adding a neutral color pattern first. Sometimes you just need that to “break the ice.” :)
Creating Clear Cards
I used Hero Arts’ Clear Acetate Cards for today’s card. The trick to designing a clear card is to adhere papers to all sides of the card to hide any adhesive that you might use. Once you start thinking like that, clear cards are super easy.
HUGE True Scrap Giveaway
There is still time to sign up for True Scrap 2, an online event I’m teaching at. As an incentive to register early, there’s a huge giveaway for those who register by the end of today. Here’s the list of prizes…
- Simple Scrapper download – 1 year Simple Pages / Simple Projects subscription to 1 winner
- 1 free class (choice of Keep Calm & Stay Organized, Light Your Fire, or any class in the next year) to 1 winner (courtesy of Jennifer Wilson and Erin Bassett)
- Hero Arts digi goodies (courtesy of Jennifer McGuire)
- Paperclipping membership (courtesy of Noell Hyman)
- Digital Scrapbooking Basics (courtesy of Paula Gilarde)
- “Exposure” online photography class (courtesy of Katrina Kennedy)
- Jenni Bowlin October kit, plus vintage holiday release (courtesy of Lisa Dickinson and Jenni Bowlin)
- Scraphappy membership (courtesy of Lain Ehmann)
- 4 classes at Online Card Classes (courtesy of Jennifer McGuire)
- Pass for two to Shimelle.com class of your choice (courtesy of Shimelle Laine)
So, register by the end of today and you’ll be included in the massive drawing to win all of these awesome prizes!
NOTE: You must register by today to be entered into the bonus giveaway, but True Scrap 2 registration is open through October 20. If you sign up using THIS LINK, you’ll get my exclusive mini-class in taking photos of projects for free. To see sneak peeks of my class and get more details on the free mini-class, click here. Only those who use THIS LINK will be eligible for the mini-class.
Watch video below | Watch at YouTube