Hello, all! So sorry for the lack in new videos over the last little bit. I went on a short vacation and it was good break away. I hope you all are finding time to take a breath this summer as well. :)
Today I’m picking up my Capsule Papercrafting Challenge again for the month of August. In my video, I’ll first show you briefly what I am including in my collection for this challenge, and then I’ll get into making a card.
(Wondering what I used in this video? Everything is linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post, or in the text below. Compensated affiliate links used when possible).
Items selected for August 2020 Capsule Papercrafting Collection
You can download the PDF of my Capsule Papercrafting List HERE. Here is a list of all the products I selected for my August 2020 Capsule.
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased.
Cardstock & Paper
- *Concord & 9th Assorted Color Cardstock [ C&9 | SSS ]
- Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 110 lbs, 25 sheets [ SSS ]
- Canson XL Watercolor Pad, 9×12 [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Stonehenge Black Watercolor Paper [ AMZUS ]
- Concord & 9th Ink Cubes [ C&9 | SSS ]
- Versafine Onyx Black Pigment Ink [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- *Simon Says Stamp Clear Embossing Ink [ SSS ]
- *Altenew Metallic Watercolor Set [ SSS | ALTN ]
- Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Travel Set [ SSS ]
- Holbein Gouache in White [ AMZUS ]
- Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive [ SSS ]
- Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Refill [ SSS ]
- *Gina K Designs Connect Glue [ SSS | GNK ]
- 3M Scotch Foam Tape [ AMZUS | SSS ]
- *NEW 2020 MISTI stamp positioner [ MSP ]
- Tim Holtz Tonic Maxi Guillotine Paper Trimmer [ SSS ]
- T-Square Ruler [ SSS ]
- Scor-Pal Scor-Buddy scoring board [ SSS ]
- Simon Says Stamp Teflon Bone Folder [ SSS ]
- *Pink & Main Mini Ergonomic Blender Brush [ PNK ]
- *Pink & Main Ergonomic Blender Brush [ PNK ]
- 3M Scotch Blue Masking Tape [ AMZUS | SSS ]
- Hardboard, 9×12 [ SSS ]
- Escoda Prado Watercolor Brush, Round 2 [ AMZUS ]
- Escoda Prado Watercolor Brush, Round 4 [ AMZUS ]
- Escoda Prado Watercolor Brush, Round 8 [ AMZUS ]
- Escoda Prado Watercolor Brush, Round 10 [ AMZUS ]
- EK Success Honey Bee Non-Stick Scissors [ SSS ]
- *Sakura Gelly Roll White Pen, 10 Bold [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Pilot Envelope Addressing Pen, Extra Fine [ JTP ]
- Precision Heat Embossing Gun [ SSS ]
- Viva Strong & Soft Paper Towels [ AMZUS ]
- *Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy [ SSS ]
- Paper Mate Clearpoint 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil [ AMZUS ]
- Pebeo Drawing Gum masking fluid [ SSS | AMZUS ]
- Sakura Arch Foam Eraser [ SSS ]
- CZ Design Hello You stamp set [ SSS ]
- *Simon Says Stamp Greetings Mix 2 stamp set [ SSS ]
- *Concord & 9th Brushed Stripe Background stamps [ SSS ]
- *Mama Elephant Little Agenda Spaceship stamp set [ SSS ]
- *Simon Says Stamp Stronger Together stamp set [ SSS ]
- Concord & 9th Just Because stamp set [ C&9 ] – The You Matter stamp set I selected is no longer sold. The Just Because stamp set has a similar solid block image included.
- *Altenew Feathery stencil [ SSS ]
- Trinity Stamps Layered Balloons stencil set [ SSS ]
And now onto the card!
I used the ink cubes on the large solid stamp almost as if it was a Gelli Press plate. (The You Matter stamp set in my collection is no longer sold. This stamp set from Concord and 9th has a similar solid image). I swiped and dabbed the inks on the stamp and then pressed it on white cardstock. The result is an abstract background. I love how this turned out!
I finished off my simple card with a greeting stamped from Simon Says Stamp’s Greeting Mix 2 stamp set and white heat embossed it. I also stamped a heart in the Marmalade ink and popped it off the card with foam tape.
Thanks for stopping by! I will be back very soon with another Capsule card! :)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.