Happy Wednesday, all! When I saw the new Cupcake Critters stamp set and Party Mix jewels from Pretty Pink Posh, I immediately knew I wanted to create a shaker card. A birthday shaker card seemed perfect!
(Wondering what I used in this video? Everything is linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post, or in the text below. Compensated affiliate links used when possible).
Before stamping, I prepped all the circle pieces for my card. I cut five pieces using the Nested Circles dies from Simon:
- Back of card: largest circle die (white cardstock)
- Front of card: largest circle die (white cardstock)
- Frame for shaker area: largest and next size smaller circle dies (white cardstock)
- Shaker window: largest circle die (clear window plastic)
- Black area for greeting and images: smaller circle die (black cardstock)
I stamped the greeting and critter stamps from the Cupcake Critters stamp set using VersaMark ink on the black circle and applied white embossing powder. After heat setting the embossing powder, I colored the images using Polychromos colored pencils.
NOTE: To see the assembly of the shaker card using the Party Mix jewels, please watch the video above.
Thanks for stopping by today! I’ll see you on Friday for another video. :)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.