What exactly are Color Inspiration Challenges?
Everywhere we go we see great color combos–and they’re simple and easy jumping off points for papercrafting creations. It’s just a matter of pairing up the colors used with papercrafting supplies on hand.
How do I participate?
Make a creation (card, scrapbook page, etc.) of your own using the colors specified. Then take a picture or scan your creation. Upload your digital image to your blog or an online gallery, and then come back to here to share! Leave a link to your creation on the Color Inspiration entry using Mister Linky.
Are there rules for linking?
- Link ONLY to webpages, not directly to image files.
- ONLY post links directly to your individual blog entry. NOT to your blog. For example, I would post for this entry “http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/1108/color_inspiration_30.html.” Notice how long it is? I would NOT post “http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog.” Those of you with WordPress tend to have shorter entry URLs as well, but for the majority of you out there, you will have a LONG individual entry address. For more info on permalinks and why you should use them, read here.
- I will continue to delete links that are not correct. Even if you keep posting them over and over again. It’s just easier for my readers to not have to scroll through all your blog entries to find the correct one. Please be considerate of others and follow the rules.
How do you pick your favorites?
Mostly it’s just my opinion, but if you need more specifics:
- Good craftsmanship (things glued on straight, clean cuts on the edges of card stock, etc),
- A good photo of the card/page (if you’re struggling with getting a good photo, take your card outside. Natural light is best)
- Cards that show dimension
- Basic good design (one focal point, good color combination, nothing too distracting).
Do you look at every entry?
Yes, I do.
I don’t have a blog. How can I participate?
Pictures emailed to me will not be considered for the Round-up, so you’ll need to post a picture online somewhere. There are plenty of free photo sharing sites out there. Try Flickr, or for more crafty-specific sites try Splitcoaststampers or Twopeasinabucket.
When does my creation have to be submitted?
Before the deadline. The deadline is always listed at the bottom of each Color Inspiration challenge (before the links). You will know when the deadline has past because you will not able to submit a new link through the Mister Linky box.
Can I use non-Stampin’ Up! colors?
Absolutely! Just choose colors that are similar.
Can I use the graphics of the colors on my blog?
Those who have websites and blogs, you are welcome to use the above graphic on your blog. Save the file to your computer. Then upload the image to your blog.
Can I delete my link?
Yes. You will see an X next to your name. No one else can see the X–just you. Click on it and your link will be deleted. NOTE: After the links are closed, you will no longer be able to delete your link.
Where’s my link? It’s been deleted!
If your link is missing, it may have been deleted because:
- It was not appropriate. I reserved the right delete inappropriate links immediately.
- It was not linked correctly. You must link directly to your subission–NOT to your main blog page.
- It was not linked to a creation that used the specified colors, or the colors were not close enough to the specified colors.
- Is it really deleted? Check a bit above where you link was. If a link before yours was deleted, your link will slide up. :)