Hey guys! Happy World Card Making Day! I’ve been coloring a lot of images with Copic markers (gotta practice to get better), so I think I might put those on some cards today. :)
Kathy Racoosin talked about coloring with Copics in our the last class at Online Card Classes, and ever since I’ve been obsessed with Copics. LOL! I’ve been posting images on Instagram (my username is starofmay if you want to follow me), and I found TONS of video tutorials on YouTube about Copics. So between the YouTube videos, Kathy, and just coloring a bunch of images, I’m getting lots of practice in. It’s kind of relaxing to just sit down, turn on a movie, and color in some images. :)
(All of the images I colored in the picture above are digital stamps from The Greeting Farm. I printed them out on my inkjet printer for Copic practice).
Discounts & First to Know
We have some cool OCC newsletter stuff happening this weekend in honor of World Card Making Day that I wanted to let you guys know about…
- Not yet signed up for our Online Card Classes newsletter? Now’s the time to do it! When we announce our next class on Sunday (yay!), you’ll be the first to know! You’ll also receive a subscriber-only discount code for $3 off class registration.
- Thinking about starting to craft your holiday cards? Sunday’s newsletter will also contain an additional coupon for $5 off our Holiday Card Boot Camp 2011 class.
- But wait—there’s more! All OCC newsletter subscribers as of 9 am ET on Sunday, October 7th will be entered into a giveaway for registration to any class that we offer—past or present. We’ll select three lucky winners and announce them in Sunday’s newsletter. PLEASE NOTE that if you’ve taken one of our classes in the past, this does NOT automatically subscribe you to our newsletter. OCC protects the e-mail address you used to register for class and does not use it for any purpose other than class materials.
Just in case you win one of the free spots (yay!), here’s some info about the classes we offer…
- Summer Card Camp – Stretch your imagination and color palette with the 8 videos and 45 cards in this color-focused inspiration class.
- Inspiration Showcase – Get inspired by ink, dies, paper, and more with 16 technique-heavy videos, 33 card ideas, and an inspiration canvas.
- Holiday Card Boot Camp – Have a holly jolly time making handcrafted cards with this class, packed with 32 holiday card designs and 19 videos.
- Clean & Simple Card Making – Create extraordinary clean and simple designs! With 14 videos and 36 cards, you’ll have new design skills at your fingertips.
- Creative Chemistry – Master techniques with the ever-creative Tim Holtz. This class contains 5+ hours of video content!
- A Cut Above – Learn everything you need to know about die cutting from this two-part class. Sign up for traditional or electronic die cutting… or take both for the ultimate die-cutting class.
- Stretch Your Stamps – Get the most out of various styles and types of stamps with 22 videos and 58 cards!
- Kick Start — Stuck in a creative slump? Break through the mental blocks that keep you from creating!
And some sneak peeks of some of the classes (see more at Jennifer’s blog today)…
All of the classes are awesome! I hope you’ll check them out. Even though I’m one of the people teaching the classes, I come out inspired and reinvigorated! Especially our latest class Kick Start. :)
What are you up to today for World Card Making Day?