Happy Friday, all! Today I have more inspiration for you featuring STAMPtember exclusive stamps! This time the stamp set is Pumpkin Spice It Up from The Greeting Farm. I seem to always have a couple Starbucks gift cards on hand to giveaway to friends and family, so I thought a fun gift card holder would be perfect.
(Wondering what I used in this video? Everything is linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post, or in the text below. Compensated affiliate links used when possible).
The gift card holder is made out of watercolor paper cut to 3″ wide by 10″ tall. I scored it at 4″ and 8″ to create the three segments that can be folded up to create the pocket.
Since I planned to watercolor the panels, I used Timber Brown StazOn Ink for the stamping. To protect the girl image while painting the background, I applied some masking fluid, let it dry completely, and then paint the backgrounds using the following colors…
- Ground Espresso Distress Ink
- Seedless Preserves Distress Ink
- Fossilized Amber Distress Ink
- Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink
- Crushed Olive Distress Ink
- Fine Tec gold watercolor
After the backgrounds were completely dry, I removed the masking fluid and painted the girl…
Girl holding coffee:
- Tattered Rose Distress Ink (skin)
- Worn Lipstick Distress Ink (skin and scarf)
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink (skin)
- Scattered Straw Distress Ink (hair)
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink (hair)
- Seedless Preserves Distress ink (scarf shading)
- Fossilized Amber (shirt)
- Faded Jeans (skirt)
- Walnut Stain (coffee cup)
- Aged Mahogany (coffee cup)
To finished off the gift card holder, I secured the inside pocket by stapling the pocket using a Tiny Attacher Stapler from Tim Holtz. You could also use brads or a strong adhesive if you don’t like the look of staples. Personally, I don’t mind them. Their convenience outweighs any issue with the aesthetic.
Anyhow, thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed today’s video. :)
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.