Card Videos

Masking & Stencil Blending – Make a Card Monday #280

Happy Monday, all! Today I decided to make some customized cards for friends who are celebrating birthdays soon. I created a card for each person with their initial using the Mega Alpha Dies from Altenew (which are on sale currently at their shop–If you’ve thought about picking any of these up, now is the time!). To add fun color, I blended inks around the letters.

(Wondering what I used in this video? Everything is linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post, or in the text below. Compensated affiliate links used when possible).

For the Letter C card, I used the Mega Alphabet C die and cut out some masking paper. After applying the letter mask to white cardstock, I blended four colors of Gina K Designs ink over the letter area using Picket Fence Blender Brushes. I used In the Navy, Turquoise Sea, Sea Glass, and Lemon Drop.

I then placed the Thick Brush stencil from Gina K over the entire area and blended the same colors over it again. This left behind an awesome pattern!

For the next card, I used the Mega Alphabet J die, Altenew’s Mega Rose stencil, and three colors of Gina K ink in Lemon Drop, Peach Bellini, and Passionate Pink.

The final card was created in the fashion way. I used the Mega Alphabet L die, Altenew’s Deco Wonder stencil, and Gina K inks in Passionate Pink, Wild Wisteria, and In the Navy.

I love how these turned out! I can’t wait to mail them off to the recipients!

Thanks for stopping by today. I’ll be back soon with another card video. :)

Supplies

Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.

*Altenew Mega Rose Stencil
3M Scotch Blue Masking Tape
[ SSS | AMZUS ]
Dahle 12×18 Clear Cutting Mat
[ AMZUS ]
Brutus Monroe White Media Mat
[ SSS ]
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White, 110…
[ SSS ]
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White…
[ SSS ]
*Picket Fence Studios Life Changing…
[ PFS | SSS ]
Dahle Self-Healing Cutting 18×12 Mat
[ SSS ]

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

39 Comments

• Reply Laura M July 8, 2019 at 7:52 pm

They are all cute, but I like the background of C the best. It just pops.

• Reply Cate July 8, 2019 at 8:16 pm

I like the C best. The stencil is so nice, it looks great! Also it is the 1st letter of my name!

• Reply Kathy Camasso July 8, 2019 at 8:34 pm

Love them all but I think I love the J best; not only is it the 1st letter in my daughter Jillian’s name, but the rose stencil with that color palette is simply gorgeous! And thank YOU for sharing 3 video’s a week for us to tune in to!!!

• Reply Sarah Cox July 8, 2019 at 10:09 pm

Hi Kristina! My favorite is the “L” due to the color palette and the stencil pattern. Love this idea and technique!

• Reply Anne July 9, 2019 at 5:16 am

Love the L best for the color and the pattern!

• Reply June Stengel July 9, 2019 at 5:47 am

I really love the L card because of the intricate detail of the stencil. Great idea for quick and easy cards. I can see masking out a “thank you” word die and mass producing a set to have on hand or to give as a gift. Thank you for the great idea!

• Reply Betty July 9, 2019 at 7:02 am

the “c” is my favorite ’cause of the colors and stencil design – great idea for a gift set!

• Reply ROSALIE JOHNSON July 9, 2019 at 7:11 am

Beautiful blending – love your designs!

• Reply Tami B July 9, 2019 at 7:17 am

Big “thumbs-up” on these!

• Reply Rhandi DeMars July 9, 2019 at 7:24 am

These are absolutely beautiful! Can’t wait to try this technique. Can you give me an idea as to how tall these letter are.

• Reply Carol Babst July 9, 2019 at 7:43 am

I really love them all, but the C is my favorite, not because it is my initial, but because I like the stencil and colors. Thank you for all of your inspiration – love your videos!

• Reply Melanie Cowart July 9, 2019 at 8:26 am

I like the”C” card the best. The stencil you used is just so pretty.

• Reply Em July 9, 2019 at 8:38 am

I like the L the best because the straight lines and angles of the art deco stencil are so compatible with the straight lines and the angle of the letter L. It is also clear what the stencil is about without having a completed design. Not to mention L is the first initial of my daughter.

• Reply Meigan Everts July 9, 2019 at 8:41 am

Love them all but the L is my favorite. Love the colors. Your videos are wonderful

• Reply Teresa Doyle July 9, 2019 at 9:00 am

These are all beautiful Kristina, my fave is the C.

• Reply Nancy R. July 9, 2019 at 9:52 am

My favorite is the C….I think I love it because of the stencil pattern. Wonderful tutorial!

• Reply Jackie July 9, 2019 at 10:05 am

If i have to pick it would be the letter C! I just love the color combination but also that stencil on top is just beautiful!

• Reply Suzi Metcalfe July 9, 2019 at 10:40 am

I like C the best, because the stencil is most defined in this one.

• Reply Marian Hillier July 9, 2019 at 11:01 am

The card with the J is my favourite. I love the colours but I really like the rose stencil background.
    Would be perfect for Jennifer McGuire.

• Reply Carmen July 9, 2019 at 11:42 am

Thank you for making a card Monday’!
    I am an old follower from your blog and I really missed it when you stopped. Thanks a lot for bringing back. It really make a good start of my week to see your videos. Great cards and J is my favorite, cheerful colors.

• Reply Cyndi Morris July 9, 2019 at 12:25 pm

These are so lovely. I think I prefer the “C” card (coincidentally that IS the first letter of my name) because I love that stencil. If I were picking on color combinations alone I would pick “J.” Fair to say I have trouble making decisions!

• Reply Angie Cammack July 9, 2019 at 2:02 pm

Hi there. I love them all, but I love the L. It has nothing to do with me or anyone in my family, but I think it’s just how graphic the stencil is. The colors are awesome too! Thanks Kristina. :)

• Reply Kristie Maynard July 9, 2019 at 2:34 pm

Love these cards! My favorite is the C card. I think the stenciled part shows more on that one and I just love it. Thanks for another fabulous technique and video. I’ll have to put this on my list of “to try” techniques, now just have to remember to give it a try.

• Reply Maureen Reiss July 9, 2019 at 2:49 pm

Beautiful cards!!! I love the pattern on the C card!!!

• Reply Jackie Nicol July 9, 2019 at 4:33 pm

I really like the L card. The colour pallette is pretty but the pattern is detailed in contrast to the plain letter. I think the more complex stencil shows better against the clean lines of the letter. Will definately be trying these. Thankyou for the inspiration

• 1 2