So I instagrammed this photo yesterday…
(BTW, my instagram name is starofmay if you want to follow me. :)
Some of you asked for a recipe. I don’t really have a formal recipe for this smoothie. I just sort of threw things together that I had in the fridge. But it turned out so yummy! So, here’s my recipe…
Raspberry Vanilla Pineapple Smoothie
This makes one serving. If you have a personal blender like this…
… now is the time to break it out. I have a NuWave Twister Blender that I got years ago and it’s still kicking. Not sure if they sell it anymore, but the Magic Bullet Blender has been around for years! So if you’re like me and your small blender is collecting dust, break it out!
Put the following into the blender…
- 1/2 c. milk (I used skim milk)
- 1/4 c. frozen raspberries
- 1/4 c. fresh pineapple (I used about 6 chunks that were about 1/2″ x 1/2″ — just eyeballed it)
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla yogurt (I used Tillamook French Vanilla Bean Yogurt and that might be why it was so delicious!)
- 1/2 tsp. sugar or sugar substitute
Blend, blend, blend! Yum! Hard to mess up with this one. After you blend it, taste test it. Sometimes when I make smoothies it’s a bit too tart so I add a bit more sugar and blend again. Sugar in such small amounts won’t kill ya. :)
Also, when I made it I ended up with about a 10 oz. smoothie. Just perfect for one person.
Hope you all enjoy it. It would be excellent with some vanilla protein powder blended in as well if you need the extra nutrients. :)