LOTS OF MISTAKES! When a good card goes bad & how I fixed it + GIVEAWAY!
Happy Monday, all! Do you ever attempt to make a card and it’s like you’re living in that episode of I Love Lucy when Lucy and Ethel are at the chocolate factory? Where everything is going wrong? Oh, man… this card was like that! Lol! But in the end, it worked out so here we are. :)
(Wondering what I used in this video? Everything is linked to multiple sources in the thumbnails at the end of this post, or in the text below. Compensated affiliate links used when possible).
Here are some stats on the card (since you’ll need to watch the video to catch all the details):
- Card base created with two pieces of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb. cardstock (each cut to 8-5/8″ x 4-1/4″, and scored at 4-1/4″). The slightly larger half of each piece of cardstock were adhered together to create the back center panel of the card. Finished card is approximately 4-3/8″ x 4-1/4″.
- Stamps and dies used are from Concord & 9th (thanks to C&9 for sending these along!). I used the Here’s the Scoop stamp set and coordinating dies, as well as the Sprinkles Turnabout stamp set.
- Colors of Distress Oxide ink used: Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Peacock Feathers, and Wilted Violet.
- The black ink is Versafine Onyx Black, although that was a mistake since I ended up using Copic markers. If I was to make this card again, I would have used Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink (which is safe to use with Copic markers).
- The two colors of cardstock I used to fix one of the mistakes are both from Simon Says Stamp: Lavender and Doll Pink.
Anyhow, I think that pretty much covers the basics!
Be sure to stop by the Concord & 9th Blog for more inspiration from their latest release. Plus, it’s their birthday! Yay! So happy for them! They have giveaways and special promotions in their shop as well!
Plus, look at the cute stamp set you get free with every $60 purchase made in the month of August 2017!
I have a $25 gift card to the Concord & 9th shop to giveaway! For your chance to win the gift card, please leave a comment on this blog post by 9am on Friday, August 18, 2017 telling me your favorite stamp set or die from Concord’s latest release. See all of the release HERE. :)
Giveaway winner will be randomly selected and added to my Giveaway Winners page after August 18, 2017. Winner will be contacted by email so be sure to include an email address you check often. Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize. Thanks!
Compensated affiliate links used when possible. Items marked with an asterisk (*) were provided by a store or the manufacturer. All other items were personally purchased. Items below are shown in the order they appear in the video.